Sunday, August 13, 2006

My Birthday

It was a real nice day yesterday! We had a big breakfast, went to Carlos' for lunch. It's a Cajun-Latin Restaurant, probably more "upscale" for this little town. I had a plate full of food that I literally can't tell you what it was. All good, surprisingly. Next time I plan on having the Cuban with Black Beans & Rice and Plantains! After lunch we saw Pirates of the Carribean... good movie, not as good as the first, and totally set up for a third!

Husker and the kids gave me $$ for my birthday. I have no idea what I want to spend it on...I want to reupholster my kitchen table chairs, but that won't be much at all. I may buy some CDs; James Blunt and I really miss listening to Joan Jett so I may get that one too (hence the new music video playing on my blog!).

My sister is on her way down here to visit for a few days since she was in Atlanta already. The kids have no idea, so it'll be a huge surprise for them this evening!!

So, it's been a day after turning 30. Not so bad.... sucks that my 20's have come and gone, but after I think about it so much has happened in those 10 years, I have accomplished a lot!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Glad to hear you had a great day!!
I hope you have a great visit with your Sister!! I bet the kids will be soo excited!!

9:17 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Glad you had a good day!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Mmm, your b-day lunch sounded tasty! Have fun spending your b-day money. :)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home