Yucky Weather
It has stormed everyday since Sunday. Just occasional showers, nothing constant. It still puts a damper on our moving, which by the way is going pretty good. We have the kids rooms completely moved with the exception of Princess' mattress and the baby's bassinet so they have something to sleep on here. The hall bathroom and linen closets are moved and some of the kitchen and living room. We're trying to go room by room but that doesn't work out as planned in some cases when we have room for certain things... you want to just take it and get it out of the way.
We plan to have our bedroom fully moved by tomorrow so it'll be our first night sleeping in the new place. I'll take my camera today so I can take photos of the house. It's really nice... too bad we'll only be in it for a few months, six at the most if Husker gets to transfer!
We still haven't heard yet, which is typical. They probably count the business days only, so we still have the rest of this week to hear from them.
I've been painting stuff in between moving. I decided to paint all of our picture frames black, they're so nice! Yesterday I started painting the end tables for the living room black also...wow they look brand new! Here's the before and after pics...

How 'bout that?! They were tables handed down and they had been 'white washed' so I really had to clean them up before, but I didn't get all of the paint off. I think black was the best thing for these tables. I'm undecided about the hardware, do you think I should paint that silver? You can't replace it or I would.
Anyway, I have both end tables done, now just the coffee table left. Husker said I did such a great job that he may consider letting me paint the entertainment center...which would be a massive job! But, I really wanted all new living room furniture, this will suffice for now!
We plan to have our bedroom fully moved by tomorrow so it'll be our first night sleeping in the new place. I'll take my camera today so I can take photos of the house. It's really nice... too bad we'll only be in it for a few months, six at the most if Husker gets to transfer!
We still haven't heard yet, which is typical. They probably count the business days only, so we still have the rest of this week to hear from them.
I've been painting stuff in between moving. I decided to paint all of our picture frames black, they're so nice! Yesterday I started painting the end tables for the living room black also...wow they look brand new! Here's the before and after pics...

How 'bout that?! They were tables handed down and they had been 'white washed' so I really had to clean them up before, but I didn't get all of the paint off. I think black was the best thing for these tables. I'm undecided about the hardware, do you think I should paint that silver? You can't replace it or I would.
Anyway, I have both end tables done, now just the coffee table left. Husker said I did such a great job that he may consider letting me paint the entertainment center...which would be a massive job! But, I really wanted all new living room furniture, this will suffice for now!








4 Comments:
Those look awesome!!!
Makes me wanna paint somethin!
><(((*>
I'm glad the move is going well. I like the tables great job. I say paint it silver and if you don't like it you can always paint it back to black.
Glad to hear the move is going so nicely..I can't wait to see pics!!
You guys have moved alot since I have known ya..LOL
The table looks very nice.. GREAT JOB!!
Awesome girlie! You crafty thing you! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home