Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Why can't I spend money???

I have acquired some sort of mental block from spending money. I don't know why but it's going to drive me crazy! When I was married previously I went through a period of not working, I simply didn't have to. I literally went shopping every day. I probably spent $1k a month or more in just buying whatever I wanted; clothes, shoes, decor, etc... and I didn't blink an eye!

But now... forget it. I am having the hardest time just bidding on these stupid auctions I have on my watch list. Why can't I just buy the stuff??? Is it because now that I'm a Mom I feel guilty spending money on myself? I have no problem buying things for the kids whenever I want.

This issue needs to resolve itself because Mama wants some new scrapbooking toys!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

lol I hear ya I use to buy whatever I wanted when I wanted but now it is more about what Little Guy needs. It's not that we don't have the extra money I just can't justify (sp) it and plus I don't work now and feel guilty spending Boaters money...lol Ohh have you made up the birth annoucements yet? I would love to see the finished product =)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I have!!! I am waiting to have them printed out so I can mail them. I only got 20 printed! I will post it soon!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

I hear ya.. I spend VERY LITTLE on myself.. But we don't have much spending money anyways..But I do buy for my boys when I can.. The little thing I do splurge on myself is buying rag mags.. They are at the checkout I have to have them..LOL

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home