Saturday, March 25, 2006

I've been absent :(

I know I haven't posted much lately, my apologies... especially since I just got on all of you for not updating! lol

Thursday was our playgroup day so we had a great time with all of our friends. The playdate had an awesome turnout with 16 Moms, 3 Dads and 24 Kids!!! Then we had SweetPea's checkup. She is doing great and growing just perfectly. In the two weeks since her last appointment she's gained 2 lbs. and 2 ozs. The doctor actually chuckled with amazement! YAY!

I've spent the last few days at home since Husker has been called in 4 days in a row during the time he's off of his regular shift. That's 4 extra shifts... meaning we really haven't seen him much this week. Today it was 10 minutes. Sad, I know... but he takes the calls.

This evening I took the kids to the Mall. I ventured out for the first time alone with all three. I took a deep breath and said to myself, "You just have to do it, it won't be that bad.. just get it over with!!!" And you know, it wasn't bad at all. The kids were really great! I got some shopping in and we ate at Chick-Fil-A. SweetPea didn't say a peep. Wheww, I survived AND I'd actually do it again...Hooray! LOL

So, that's about it. I'm going to watch a movie then get some sleep!! Have a good weekend!

4 Comments:

Blogger Blue said...

Awww, sorry he's working so much! Just think of all that time and a half. I know that doesn't really make up for it, but it should make your time away from him a little easier. LOL Great job on taking the kids by yourself! So glad they were good for you! :)

7:37 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Aww SweetPea is doing so good =) Sorry Husker has to work so much.I feel like I hardley see Boater and he don't work extra shifts it's just they work him so much that when he comes home all he wants to do is sleep =( Yay!! for you going out with all three kids. I have a hard time going out with just my one he's so onery...lol I hope you have a nice Sunday. Take Care!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Awesome! Glad you took the plung and took the kids out. And that's great that they were all so good. Way to go kiddos! ;)

12:46 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

I am glad you had a great time with all 3 kiddos!! It is so nice when you can have a nice relaxing day out!!
Sorry Husker is working so much,but if he is gonna you mine as welll think of all that extra moola!! I wish they would allow B overtime!!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home