I can't read!
I'm not illiterate if that's what you're thinking. I can 'read', although I'm from Kentucky I did receive a very good education! lol
Growing up I loved books. My grandmother encouraged me to read and the fact that she always had a book in her hands influenced me to pick up the habit at a very young age. I started with the age appropriate books of course; Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys, etc.. I could read one book right after another. Then, I got a "life". It just didn't appeal to me any longer. That was many years ago and I haven't picked up the hobby since....until last week.
I decided it would be nice to try to read at bedtime. Novels, nothing too serious. I can't do it. I just can't read! I have picked up one of the three books I checked out at the Library once and read 6 pages. Nope. Not interested.
The internet has sucked me in. My kids keep me way too busy. My day is usually consumed of things I obviously find more important.
Oh well, I tried. Maybe when my children are grown ... if I can ever stop having them, I'll have plenty of free time to pick up a book here and there!
Growing up I loved books. My grandmother encouraged me to read and the fact that she always had a book in her hands influenced me to pick up the habit at a very young age. I started with the age appropriate books of course; Nancy Drew & the Hardy Boys, etc.. I could read one book right after another. Then, I got a "life". It just didn't appeal to me any longer. That was many years ago and I haven't picked up the hobby since....until last week.
I decided it would be nice to try to read at bedtime. Novels, nothing too serious. I can't do it. I just can't read! I have picked up one of the three books I checked out at the Library once and read 6 pages. Nope. Not interested.
The internet has sucked me in. My kids keep me way too busy. My day is usually consumed of things I obviously find more important.
Oh well, I tried. Maybe when my children are grown ... if I can ever stop having them, I'll have plenty of free time to pick up a book here and there!








6 Comments:
Maybe it just wasn't the right book? I get sucked into books pretty easily and LOVE to read!
Please...suggest away!!
LOL I agree you just need the right book...
I love to read, I start a new book every couple weeks and I get so sucked into them and read them any chance I get..LOL I can finish them in a day or two..
The book Go Ask Alice is good..kind of out there and messed up but good..LOL
yep, you have to find the "right" one . . . You would probably like some James Patterson - if you want suspense, try the Alex Cross series (movies have been made of several of these), and if you want tear-jerker, you could try Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.
Oh girl! I'm the same exact way, minus the kids part. I stopped all the jazz...LOL But reading puts me to sleep. Well, reading books that is.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home