Saturday, November 19, 2005

First Company Outing

We had our first outing today with Husker's company. It was at a really neat place that carries a lot of history. We arrived around noon, just in time for lunch! :)
The meeting hall had a live band, tons of food and more white-heads than I've seen anywhere! I felt like we had entered a nursing home! lol

Okay so, Husker is the first man they've hired in their division in like 26 years, so needless to say there weren't many "children"...some grandchildren though!

The food was really good, it was obviously catered and they had several desserts :)
After lunch we toured the establishment. We took the walk thru the swamp, saw lots of old homes and it's belongings, saw tons of animals; Emu, Ostritch, Black Bears, Ducks, Snakes, Deer, alligators, etc... The kids had a great time!

We headed back to the meeting hall so Husker could mingle. I met about a handful of the men he works with which was nice. Now I can put faces with names! The kids listened to the band (of course they played that God-Awful music they call Country) ;) but they loved it, Lil'Buddy kept clapping each time they finished a song! Towards the end of the Picnic there was a raffle, Husker won a gift card to Lowe's, so now he gets to do a little shopping :)

I'm exhausted! It's not even 7pm and I'm in my Fleece jammies and socks! Now, I wish I had a nice fire to sit next to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home