Newcomers
We've lost some and gained some in the group this week. The ones we lost were working moms not having time to dedicate to attending anything or members that are moving and then a couple here and there that just haven't gained that bond with other members and didn't feel it was the place for them. Which in all honesty is fine with me, I'd rather someone be honest and just unsub instead of sticking around and lurking.
Our gained members seem to be a very nice group, and quite diverse! One with triplets and the rest all with girls! It's so nice to constantly meet new people, regardless of how long they stay in your life, you've met them and in some way, shape or form they make an impact on you.
That's the greatest thing about knowing so many different people from all walks of life, it's an everyday learning experience!
Some days I'm so proud of myself (a little arrogant, I know) for doing something so big as our group. In just one year I've corresponded with close to 600 Moms in our city that were interested in joining...that's a great accomplishment and one I can't help but be proud of. Other days I feel so overwhelmed by everything. Having the consistent commitment, daily responsibilities of managing the group and making sure that I do everything in my power to never disappoint anyone. It's hard...but a choice I made and I think it was one of the better choices in my life thus far.
Our gained members seem to be a very nice group, and quite diverse! One with triplets and the rest all with girls! It's so nice to constantly meet new people, regardless of how long they stay in your life, you've met them and in some way, shape or form they make an impact on you.
That's the greatest thing about knowing so many different people from all walks of life, it's an everyday learning experience!
Some days I'm so proud of myself (a little arrogant, I know) for doing something so big as our group. In just one year I've corresponded with close to 600 Moms in our city that were interested in joining...that's a great accomplishment and one I can't help but be proud of. Other days I feel so overwhelmed by everything. Having the consistent commitment, daily responsibilities of managing the group and making sure that I do everything in my power to never disappoint anyone. It's hard...but a choice I made and I think it was one of the better choices in my life thus far.








3 Comments:
Everyone appreciates everything you do for us, too, Java Mama! You've done a great job with the playgroup! I'm so excited about all the new members, when I saw the one with triplets as pending, I knew right away that she'd make a great addition. I mean, who needs the support group more than a mom of triplets? And I'm sure she could teach us all a thing or two! LOL I agree, if they're not happy, it's much better than they just move on instead of staying around lurking (or causing drama). The playgroup and all the friends I've made from it is what's making the decision to move so hard. I'm gonna miss everyone soooo much! I've always been a little too shy to make friends on my own, so having a huge group of friends that were kinda made for me is perfect! LOL
I was the same way, Ladybug! As soon as Bill would come home, I'd be begging him to take me somewhere, anywhere! And he'd be exhausted from working and just wanna relax. It's nice to have a life of my own! And I HATE shopping alone!
You guys made me teary eyed! I love you all so much!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home