Yay! We're Home!!
Our 5 day trip to Philly was great! It was so nice to see Husker, I have missed him so much. The kids were so excited when they saw him walking down the hallway at the Airport! We had a great time and saw lots of things!
Day 1
Friday - After our flight arrived we headed to the Hilton and settled in our luggage. We went to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and then drove around for a little bit afterwards.
Day 2
Saturday - We drove to Camden, NJ to go to the Adventure Aquarium. It was a really nice Aquarium and the kids loved it! The view from NJ to downtown Philly was awesome! After we finished touring the Aquarium we went back to the hotel to wind down a little and get ready for dinner. We made reservations at the Chart House for dinner. Prior to, we walked the Penn's Landing. Lots of history there! Now to dinner, it was DELICIOUS! I had the Macadamia Crusted Mahi-Mahi and Oh.My.Gosh. it was soooo good!! I wouldn't mind having dinner there once a week! We found a Rita's for a yummyrific Gelati and Ice's.
Day 3
Sunday - Downtown Philly. We walked so much my flip flops gave me blisters! Okay well that's an exageration, but still, my feet hurt! I can't even tell you how many blocks we walked. We saw tons of awesome stores, this huge mall downtown called The Gallery at Market East. This mall was 4 stories high and covered 4 city blocks! The Old Navy was 4 stories and had escalators! WTH?! Even BigK was in the mall and covered all 4 floors! It was awesome! We visted the Liberty Bell, walked around other Historic buildings (Liberty Hall, Congress Hall, etc..), walked through Washington Square, saw the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and lastly went to Chinatown! After that exhausting day we headed to the southside of Philly where we had dinner then went to the movies, we saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
Day 4
Monday - Husker had school so the kids and I went down to the Hotel pool for a swim. After he was finished we headed to a little town called Springfield where we walked around the Mall then went to the movies, this time we saw Batman Begins. We couldn't resist having Rita's again :) Back to the hotel, a quick swim and then back to our room.
Day 5
Tuesday - Husker had school again. The kids and I were up early and packing our bags to check out of the Hilton. During Husker's lunch he picked us up and we went back to his room at the Holiday Inn. We just hung out, had lunch at the hotel restaurant and waited for him to get back. After his class was over we went next door to Denny's for desserts. We spent the next few hours just hanging out at the hotel and snuggling :) Our flight left around 8pm. Our trip was over.
Day 1
Friday - After our flight arrived we headed to the Hilton and settled in our luggage. We went to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and then drove around for a little bit afterwards.
Day 2
Saturday - We drove to Camden, NJ to go to the Adventure Aquarium. It was a really nice Aquarium and the kids loved it! The view from NJ to downtown Philly was awesome! After we finished touring the Aquarium we went back to the hotel to wind down a little and get ready for dinner. We made reservations at the Chart House for dinner. Prior to, we walked the Penn's Landing. Lots of history there! Now to dinner, it was DELICIOUS! I had the Macadamia Crusted Mahi-Mahi and Oh.My.Gosh. it was soooo good!! I wouldn't mind having dinner there once a week! We found a Rita's for a yummyrific Gelati and Ice's.
Day 3
Sunday - Downtown Philly. We walked so much my flip flops gave me blisters! Okay well that's an exageration, but still, my feet hurt! I can't even tell you how many blocks we walked. We saw tons of awesome stores, this huge mall downtown called The Gallery at Market East. This mall was 4 stories high and covered 4 city blocks! The Old Navy was 4 stories and had escalators! WTH?! Even BigK was in the mall and covered all 4 floors! It was awesome! We visted the Liberty Bell, walked around other Historic buildings (Liberty Hall, Congress Hall, etc..), walked through Washington Square, saw the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and lastly went to Chinatown! After that exhausting day we headed to the southside of Philly where we had dinner then went to the movies, we saw Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
Day 4
Monday - Husker had school so the kids and I went down to the Hotel pool for a swim. After he was finished we headed to a little town called Springfield where we walked around the Mall then went to the movies, this time we saw Batman Begins. We couldn't resist having Rita's again :) Back to the hotel, a quick swim and then back to our room.
Day 5
Tuesday - Husker had school again. The kids and I were up early and packing our bags to check out of the Hilton. During Husker's lunch he picked us up and we went back to his room at the Holiday Inn. We just hung out, had lunch at the hotel restaurant and waited for him to get back. After his class was over we went next door to Denny's for desserts. We spent the next few hours just hanging out at the hotel and snuggling :) Our flight left around 8pm. Our trip was over.








4 Comments:
I took so many that I had to download them to the PC Husker has in Philly with him, so I'll have them in a few weeks to share :)
Ok, I'm totally shocked that you didn't find a Rita's sooner... ;)
I'm so jealous of your trip. It sounds like it was a fun filled vacation with Husker. I almost teared up reading about the last day, but he'll be home soon. :)
I was great to see you honey. I was very homesick so thanks for coming to my rescue!!
See you soon!!
Love Husker
Sounds like a fun trip!
Post a Comment
<< Home