Moment of Panic
Today at our usual Thursday playdate I shopped around and found the cutest skirt from Old Navy. I had seen it before but refused to pay $30 for it! Today, it was mine and for only $6.97!! I paid for it then packed the bag in my stroller basket.
Somehow, somewhere between Old Navy, Victoria's Secret and The Disney Store I had dropped it out of the stroller. I wasn't aware of it until I was home and unpacking my van.
I was sad. Pathetically sad. It was only a skirt, and it's not like I had actually paid full price. But it was mine. And I wanted it! So I frantically made the calls. First, Old Navy...nothing had been returned or handed in with the description. Second, The Disney Store...nothing found there. And last, I called the mall office. I described the bag to the receptionist, she asked what was in the bag and I told her the white skirt...and taaaa daaaaaaaaa it was there!!!
Some good-hearted soul had turned in my lost bag. Those are the moments when you remember there are good people in this world of ours. Good Lord, I know it's just a damn skirt but that what gives this story it's significance!
Somehow, somewhere between Old Navy, Victoria's Secret and The Disney Store I had dropped it out of the stroller. I wasn't aware of it until I was home and unpacking my van.
I was sad. Pathetically sad. It was only a skirt, and it's not like I had actually paid full price. But it was mine. And I wanted it! So I frantically made the calls. First, Old Navy...nothing had been returned or handed in with the description. Second, The Disney Store...nothing found there. And last, I called the mall office. I described the bag to the receptionist, she asked what was in the bag and I told her the white skirt...and taaaa daaaaaaaaa it was there!!!
Some good-hearted soul had turned in my lost bag. Those are the moments when you remember there are good people in this world of ours. Good Lord, I know it's just a damn skirt but that what gives this story it's significance!








1 Comments:
That's great that someone turned it in. I wish there were more good people in the world, though! Can't wait to see the skirt!
Post a Comment
<< Home