Will I be happy?
Lately I've been questioning our move back to Jax and if I'll really be happy with that. So much has changed over the last year. Some friends have moved away or are moving, some have jobs now, some are in school. I don't want to create a new 'circle' of friends, I like the ones I have just fine. But when will I ever see anyone? Everyones lives are so busy there's rarely any time for hanging out, going to playdates, etc..
This is one of the reasons I wanted to move back so badly. I didn't like it here. I lived in this small town for over a year before I even had anyone to socialize with. So what will I be moving back to? The same thing over again as here?
I'm not moving back for the schools.. because they're better here. I'm not moving back for Husker's job.. because he didn't have to apply to transfer, he did this for me. I'm not moving back to buy a nice home... because I can have much nicer here.
I've made this decision solely based on 'my happiness' and friends. Sometimes being such a 'socialite' really sucks. I think I have a little guilt knowing that wanting to move back is all about 'me' when I should be thinking more about my family and what's better for everyone overall.
This is one of the reasons I wanted to move back so badly. I didn't like it here. I lived in this small town for over a year before I even had anyone to socialize with. So what will I be moving back to? The same thing over again as here?
I'm not moving back for the schools.. because they're better here. I'm not moving back for Husker's job.. because he didn't have to apply to transfer, he did this for me. I'm not moving back to buy a nice home... because I can have much nicer here.
I've made this decision solely based on 'my happiness' and friends. Sometimes being such a 'socialite' really sucks. I think I have a little guilt knowing that wanting to move back is all about 'me' when I should be thinking more about my family and what's better for everyone overall.








7 Comments:
And now that he's transfering, you will have to move, right?
of course! I will make the most of it, I know. I'm just having weird feelings about it all.
I'm sure once you have moved and got back into the swing of things you'll be happy.
You guys will be fine!!
I am sure the whole family misses little things about living there, you guys were there for so long!
And I am sure you will see your friends more often than you think..They may all be more busier now but if your closer it is always easier to squeeze in that get together for coffee or whatever ya know...
Cheer up I am sure you will make yourself and your family happy no matter where you lived!
No matter how much time you get to see everyone, it'll be more than what you see of them now! You can start going to Coffee Nights again and you'll have shopping buddies. I know it won't be the same, but there's so much more to do in Jax! And what's best for you IS what's best for your family...I'm sure they want you happy, too! Plus, your kids are just as social as you are and I'm sure they'll love having so many friends and activities.
I wish that Jax was best for me, I really miss everyone, but it's just not home. I love all of the friends I've made there, of course, but overall, I'm just not happy there. San Diego is it for me...for now, anyway.
Java, I'm more than happy to hang with you. I know I'm not the same as many of your other friends, but nonetheless, still a friend. Lance and Lil' Buddy can hang with each other - he needs to be around more boys! HAHA!!
What do you mean you're not the same as my other friends?! A friend is a friend and you've always been one! I agree, we need to hang together more often... the boys can play together, lord knows Lil'Buddy needs to be around BOYS!!
Post a Comment
<< Home