Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cheerleading

Princess had her first practice this week. It was cute watching all of them learning each others names and all of the cheers Ms. Kim was teaching them. I think overall there are 18 of them! That's a LOT of little girls!! Some aren't newbies, that's for sure and then there were a few that wouldn't barely speak. Makes you wonder if it's something they really want to do or the pressures of their parents! Princess did pretty well, she jumped right in and tried her best. You could tell they were trying to soak everything in, but I'm sure it'll be tough... you know the attention span of 5-6 yr olds!

This weekend we have Cheer Camp at the Middle School. The High and Middle Schools Cheerleaders will be working with them on their cheers. How cute! We also get fitted for uniforms. Living in a small town sometimes has it's benefits. Registration and uniforms w/ pompoms cost $35, somewhere like Jax or other big cities you're looking at well over $100!

I did get pics of the first practice. I was the only crazy mom with her camera...I guess none of them want to document what I think is a really special event. O'well!
No copies for you! hahha!

3 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Sounds fun fun fun...
WHERES THE PICS????????

12:07 PM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Uh yeah! Hellooooooo...McFly!!!??!! Where's the pics??

Goodness, that's freak'n cheap! I'm in a smaller town than you. And a woman makes uniforms here for people. And she charges $50 just for the suit. No pom-poms or nothing. But it costs $150 to $180 for our little girls to do the pee-wee cheerleading. And it just costs Ryan $50 for football. Crazy huh??!!??

2:51 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Sounds loike she reall enjoyed it, can't wait to see the pic's (hint,hint) Wow I can not believe the other moms weren't taken pic's so I say they are the crazy ones.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home