Monday, September 04, 2006

Counting Down {again}

We're about to re-live last years countdown, unfortunately it'll be twice as long, maybe even longer! Husker leaves this coming Sunday for Jax. He'll be there in 'school' for 12 loooooong weeks. His extended suite is booked from Sept-April, so they're counting his on-site training of 4-5 months. I suppose we'll switch up on the weekends, him driving up here and us driving down after school on Fridays. I'm going to be so bored... but at least I know on the weekends I'll get a break.

Tell me if you could do this...

He's proposed the idea of me and the kids 'living' with him in the Suite (1 room, exteded stay suite) from January till April. I'm not sure if I can do it!! All of our belongings will be moved up to Jax in storage. The only GOOD part of it is that everything is completely paid for, so we'd actually save about $6,000 in living expenses. Is it worth that kind of money? I have to make that decision...either;

a} pull Princess out of school during Christmas break and enroll her there and find a place to rent
b} stay in the suite for 4 months and enroll her in a really good school using a friends address
c} stay in GA and let her finish Kindergarten here, without Husker

I'm going crazy trying to decide. At least I have a couple of months to figure it out!

3 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Gosh that is a really tough decision to have to make hun!
HUGS!!
I know you will make the right decision.. It is tougher now with Princess being in school..
Good luck!! I know I don't have much advice, but my shoulders have plenty of room!! :)

11:13 PM  
Blogger JC said...

wow what a tough decision, but like Ali said you'll make the right one.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

I'd do it! I'm trying to make a similar decision right now. Sailor wants me and the girls to stay with him in Greece from December to June/July. We'd be together and I'd have some help with the girls, but we'd pretty much be going without medical care for those 6 months...plus, all of our things would be here. I just don't know. I want to do it, but even going for the 3 months we'd planned is a long time to go without the comforts of home.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home