Sunday, June 18, 2006

Vacation Time!!

I'm getting so anxious about my first long 'vacation' in several years! This Thursday my mom flies down so that she can drive back up to Kentucky with me. The kids and I will be there for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!! My poor mom though, the only flight I could book for her was for 6am! She has to leave her house at 4am!! Oops! :D

On the 27th I get to see Christy and her husband Joel and meet Lily for the first time! Christy is my most dear and best friend, we've been friends for 12 years now!! Geez that sounds like FOREVER when you think about it! lol I hope to see my other friend Chris and his wife Lori, I haven't met their kids either. I haven't seen Chris since 2000. Anyway, Christy turns 30 on the 29th so we're going to celebrate together.

I have lots of things planned during my trip. I hope to spend some quality time with my brothes and sisters. My older sister really needs a confidence booster as well as a lecture or two. My oldest brother and his wife are trying for a baby, that's really exciting! My youngest brother just graduated high school and my youngest sister just turned 15 this year. I love them so much, and miss them all like crazy!

I want to spend some time at my dad's gravesite. Maybe plant some flowers, you know just do something nice. I have lots to talk to my dad about. I wish he was still here.

And then there's some time with my mom. She scares the hell out of me. I'm so afraid of losing her. She has just let her health go. She smokes constantly, eats poorly... and is under so much stress. I hope to talk some sense in her while I'm there. I really want her to live another 50 years!!

My youngest sister will be coming back with me for a week or two also! I think it'll be good for her to get away from her stupid mom for a while! (she's my 1/2 sister) It drives me NUTS that they make her call the new husband 'dad'... what the hell, he's NOT her dad!

Anyway so I've went on and on, can you tell I'm really anxious!?
I caught Husker staring at me today while he was laying on the sofa... I looked over at him and he smiled and said "I'm going to miss you so much!" ... awwww!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Wow sounds like a nice vacation. I hope you and the kiddos have a great time visiting friends and family. Reading about you wanting to visit your dads gravesite brought a tear to my eye.
Awww Husker sure is a sweetie =)

10:22 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

I know you will have a great time!!
Sounds like you have a lot to do in 2 wks! Is your friend Christy the one that lives in Ohio? The one whose wedding you were supposed to go to and we were supposed to meet up? Ya uhuh I remember..LOL Never ended up knowing when that was..LOL
I am sure the kids will have blast having their Aunt stay with them!!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Yep! I went to her wedding 2 yrs ago this month, in Cincy!
That was the wedding where I met "Mr. Krabs" from Spongebob... I walked the isle with his brother.

That was the last time I saw her!

So, how far are you from say...Lexington,KY?

4:23 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

UH, about 5 hrs Brian says!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hmmm not too bad! My mom's is 3 hours south of Lex!

2:50 AM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

You go! Your vacation sounds like it's going to be so much fun. But you do know you'll have to squeeze in a phone call to me at least once a week. LOL ;)

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home