Thursday, May 04, 2006

After lots of thought and consideration

Husker and I have officially decided that we are going to apply to become Foster Parents.

This is something I have wanted to do for a very long time. We even talked about it before we were married. There are so many children out there in the system that deserve a good home, even if they're here for a week, it should be a good experience for them. We are very confident that we have what it takes. After we settle in a new home we're going to apply. It could be another year or so but that's okay.

He actually brought it up to me the other day. It warmed my heart to know that I'm married to such a sweet, sincere man!

7 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

AWW That is such a wonderful thing for you guys to do Java!

5:38 PM  
Blogger water said...

I would love to be a foster parent it is really hard as a military family.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Wow! That's great! Good luck! :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jaws said...

You never cease (sp?) to amaze me!

The kids that you foster will never wanna leave, I can promise you that!
Congrats!

><(((*>

9:50 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Wow thats awesome. I have always wanted to do that but don't think I have the patience for it. Good Luck you and Husker will be great Foster Parents.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Nae said...

That is a very nice thing to do Java. What ever child you get will be very happy in your household!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Java, that's great!!! And I agree, that what ever child becomes a part of your family, they will not want to leave. Ya'll will be some of the best Foster Parents around. :)

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home