Sunday, April 23, 2006

Meal Planning

Do you make a meal menu at home? I always try to plan at least a weeks worth of meals especially when I am grocery shopping. Today I planned for two weeks!

Here is my 2 week Menu. I left out 1 day for eating out!
These are in no order, I'll figure that out later!!

Fettuccine with Beef and Peppers
Enchiladas & Beans
Baked Ziti
Sausage Bean Hash
Spaghetti
Potato Ham Casserole
Tacos
Beans & Rice w/ Sausage
Chicken Pot Pie
Chili
Grilled Teryaki Steaks
Broiled Chicken
Meatloaf

7 Comments:

Blogger water said...

I do *try* to do a meal plan but almost always Flyboy's schedule changes so I end up eating corn dogs with the girls instead of the nice meal I had planned! We did have enchilatas last night and they were good!

6:09 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I had another post typed out but don't know what happened. I do not have a meal menu. Boater does the shopping. I think I may come and visit for 2 weeks...lol That Sausage Bean Hash sounds yummy, What's in it? I do have the recipe for Potato Ham Casserole you posted a few months ago but keep forgetting to get Boater to pick the stuff up. I think Little Guy would really like it.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

JC - it's a very country *hearty* meal that I learned about when I was in college.

Brown your sausage in a skillet like you would ground beef. Drain and add 2 cans of pork and beans (I usually get 1 large can). Mix together, let the beans get warm enough to eat then pour on top of white bread. We usually serve fried potatoes with it (diced)!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Nae said...

Yep, I do the same thing. Usually while I am in the store though. I shop by the week seeing as it is only Bowlergirl and I all week. So I go through look whats on sale and decide what I want to make all week then and there.

All those sound like yummy dishes!

10:51 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

I try to.. We have been WAY OFF this last week or so..LOL
But when I do plan I try to plan every bit of it too!!
Some of them dishes sound so good..
Do you actually do the grilling of steaks and other stuff at home?
I can't..LOL I only make a few meats, I have B do the rest, I am not a meat cooker.. I do my pork chops and hamburger meat really well.. and roasts and stuff like that but with steaks and chicken stuff like that or anything on the grill, I am not so good at cooking them..LOL

10:30 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

OOPSS Hit send to soon..lol
I meant to also say, I have tried to cook that stuff, but it doesn't come out so well.. I wish I could grill up a mean steak..LOL

10:31 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I don't do the grill, Jason does. I'm afraid to! I've seen too many of my friends singe the hairs off their faces, heads, etc.. and one actually catch fire (okay but he was drinking and we were in college, so that doesn't count!)

But we have a really nice new one that is a smoker, charcoal, gas, fryer all in one so maybe it's easy to use! I should try it.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home