A Better Day
Today has seemed to be such a better day than yesterday. I went into labor. At first I thought it was just the typical Braxton Hicks, but they came stronger, harder and more frequent. After timing contractions for nearly 3 hours we called the Doctor's office, he was paged so we continued to time them. After a return call with instructions to come in we began to pack things for at least 2 days. I get to the hospital, they wheel me upstairs where I get the monitors put on and an internal exam. Everything checked out okay internally. My cervix is good; tight and closed. But the contractions continued. They watched them for a hour and decided they needed to slow everything down so I was given Vistaril. They didn't want me to deliver right now since I'm only 35 weeks, that they know of!
I woke up today with a really bad headache, credit given to the Vistaril that knocked me off my ass. I'm thankful for the trail labor run though. My mom, Cuba, Stampy and everyone else was on standby. It was so nice to know that they were there and ready!! It also gave me great indication that we are SO not ready for the baby just yet. We were unprepared. Really unprepared.
Husker packed the kid's bag and I roamed the house confused as hell. I had my checklist, what was so confusing? I couldn't get anything together. As if the contractions were slowly sucking away all brain cells that control a clear thought process. I didn't even pack a gown. Or anything for the baby. See, no thought process at all.
We did some early Spring cleaning today. Which really means I sat around pointing my finger in directions and yelping out demands. This went over really well with Husker and my two wild ones today.
So, only a few contractions today. For the most part she's been quite. I predict that we don't have too much longer now, after yesterday we know she's anxious to get out of there!!
I woke up today with a really bad headache, credit given to the Vistaril that knocked me off my ass. I'm thankful for the trail labor run though. My mom, Cuba, Stampy and everyone else was on standby. It was so nice to know that they were there and ready!! It also gave me great indication that we are SO not ready for the baby just yet. We were unprepared. Really unprepared.
Husker packed the kid's bag and I roamed the house confused as hell. I had my checklist, what was so confusing? I couldn't get anything together. As if the contractions were slowly sucking away all brain cells that control a clear thought process. I didn't even pack a gown. Or anything for the baby. See, no thought process at all.
We did some early Spring cleaning today. Which really means I sat around pointing my finger in directions and yelping out demands. This went over really well with Husker and my two wild ones today.
So, only a few contractions today. For the most part she's been quite. I predict that we don't have too much longer now, after yesterday we know she's anxious to get out of there!!








7 Comments:
That is pretty funny Cuba!! Glad today was better and relax and let her bake for another week or so, that way you can have a 10 pounder!! :o)
Well, I certainly hope you're all packed up now, and have a gown for that sweet baby. Being in that little t-shirt they put them in is so not cute! haha!! You really scared us all, but she got you for that earlier post didn't she? Please, don't hesitate to call if you need someone else to help out. I'm less than 20 min. from the hospital.
Glad to hear you got some rest and relaxation! I was worried about you!! It sure sounds like you just may have her before the 7th though!! Get that carseat..HEHE
Glad everything's okay! We were all so anxious at the crop, waiting to here updates! We're all here for you if you need help with anything!
Gesh woman, you had me all worried when you called on your way to the hospital. ;)
And I'm so glad you called again while eating dinner. ;)
I agree with the others, I think she was already testing you.
(((hugs)))I hope you start feeling better Java and I hope she stays in there at least until your 37 weeks.
Cuba - hahaha! The laugh is DEFINITELY on me!
Water - 10 lb'er? Sheesh I'm not sure I could handle that! Can we say double episiotomy???
Stacy - I was really prepared with the other two, this one had thrown me!
ScrappingMomma - Thank you! I will, you are not far at all!
Thank you everyone else! She has been really calm the last few days. Hmmm the calm before the storm???
Post a Comment
<< Home