Monday, January 30, 2006

Meat Galore

Last week we bought an upright freezer. Husker wanted a chest freezer but I wasn't going to kill myself trying to dig deep into a freezer to get something out. We looked at the ones that lift up with the bottom freezer drawer, but I really liked the upright freezers better. So, we bought one. It's about 12 cubic feet, and looks like a little refrigerator! It really wasn't a bad deal, I thought they were really expensive (the upright ones) but it was only $400 with tax. Not bad, so it's worth it!

Nifty, huh?!



On Saturday Husker calls while I was driving to tell me that he bought a 1/2 side of beef. Which translates into, 1/2 of a cow. It freaks me out a little. Who's cow is this? Where was he raised? Fed? Did it have a name? My family name their cattle. So each year they know they're eating; Bessie, Ethel, George or Bob... weird huh?! Though I grew up on a farm, I prefer the packaged meat from the store. I really don't need to know that it really was a Cow at one point. It's just beef, right?
Well, I certainly won't have any problems storing 250lbs. plus now will I?!

We're picking it up from the Butcher Shop this week. (sigh)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Well you go Husker...LOL A whole side of cow? You won't be beef hungry for awhile now...LOL

I was so glad to move in this house and my mom give me her small chest deep freeze. It's so handy... :)

10:51 PM  
Blogger water said...

I'll take the other 1/2!!! With how much red meat I eat while preggo I will easily eat a 1/2 a cow in the next few months!! Bring on that steak!!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hell he STILL hasn't put that together! I smell a project for him today!! :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger April said...

Wow, that's awesome!! Now you've got room to store your food from a Super Suppers venture too!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

LOL! I want to get a freezer, too...but I don't know how I feel about having an actual animal in the freezer...I much prefer to pretend it came from a package.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

LOL it'll be packaged from the butcher, in various cuts. Ground Beef, Ribs, Steaks, etc...

But still, I understand, it's just weird!!

11:05 PM  
Blogger JC said...

looks like a nice freezer =)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home