I can Hobble-Wobble...can you?
I hadn't really thought about posting my little mishap of the evening but heck, this is my place/space to journal the happenings of my life, so I figured why not. Now looking back I can *almost* laugh or maybe just a slight snicker but last night it was no laughing matter.
My son dropped his toothbrush in the toilet a few weeks ago so we've had the thrilling chore of 'plunging' when needed. Please don't ask me why the Landlord hasn't beckoned to our call...I assume he finds plunging livable. Anywho, as I sat at my desk I look down the hall to see Lil'Buddy in the motion of fulfilling is latest obsession, "Flush & Plunge".
I rush down the hallway as quick as I could to stop him before it became disastrous. As an oversight by my part I miss that the entire bathroom floor was already coated with a pool of water! My left leg flew from underneath me, my right knee hit the floor and I landed straight on my toosh. I had also been chatting with CandleLady on the phone, which slipped from my hands and landed a couple of feet from me. I couldn't move, couldn't get up and I just lay there crying. In pain, scared for the baby, worried that I've scared my kids, wondering how in the hell would I get out of this situation. Lil'Buddy and Princess were speechless in some sense, CandleLady could only hear them asking "Mommy are you okay? Mommy? Mommy?".
After talking to her briefly I then called Cubanita to find out if she thought I'd be okay or if I needed to have Husker take me in to the ER. I didn't have any contractions, no abdominal pain, no leaking fluids, etc.. so I decide to just lay still for a bit, calm down and see if I could get myself up.
Finally made it out of the bathroom floor. My knee was swollen and red/blue. I got out the ice packs, wrapped it up and elevated it. This morning the swelling was gone. A bruise covers my kneecap, it hurts to walk so I've mastered a 'Hobble-Wobble'. Everything is okay. Baby is fine, normal movements all day. I suppose it's a good thing that this is the last pregnancy, I can't imagine what the next would bring!!
My son dropped his toothbrush in the toilet a few weeks ago so we've had the thrilling chore of 'plunging' when needed. Please don't ask me why the Landlord hasn't beckoned to our call...I assume he finds plunging livable. Anywho, as I sat at my desk I look down the hall to see Lil'Buddy in the motion of fulfilling is latest obsession, "Flush & Plunge".
I rush down the hallway as quick as I could to stop him before it became disastrous. As an oversight by my part I miss that the entire bathroom floor was already coated with a pool of water! My left leg flew from underneath me, my right knee hit the floor and I landed straight on my toosh. I had also been chatting with CandleLady on the phone, which slipped from my hands and landed a couple of feet from me. I couldn't move, couldn't get up and I just lay there crying. In pain, scared for the baby, worried that I've scared my kids, wondering how in the hell would I get out of this situation. Lil'Buddy and Princess were speechless in some sense, CandleLady could only hear them asking "Mommy are you okay? Mommy? Mommy?".
After talking to her briefly I then called Cubanita to find out if she thought I'd be okay or if I needed to have Husker take me in to the ER. I didn't have any contractions, no abdominal pain, no leaking fluids, etc.. so I decide to just lay still for a bit, calm down and see if I could get myself up.
Finally made it out of the bathroom floor. My knee was swollen and red/blue. I got out the ice packs, wrapped it up and elevated it. This morning the swelling was gone. A bruise covers my kneecap, it hurts to walk so I've mastered a 'Hobble-Wobble'. Everything is okay. Baby is fine, normal movements all day. I suppose it's a good thing that this is the last pregnancy, I can't imagine what the next would bring!!








8 Comments:
I hope your knee is feeling better.
Oh man, I did not want to relive that one again. I was scared shitless! And poor Saira was worried for you too. Isn't she sweet? :) ;) But all I could hear was you crying, and I wanted to cry too. I knew something happened, I just didn't know where it happened or how.
I'm glad your knee is ok. I was kinda worried you might have blown your knee out... OUCH!
I can just picture you doing the Hobble-Wobble... ;)
Holy Cow chick! I'm so glad that you (and the baby) are okay! AND glad that you called Cubanita to make sure you didn't need to call the doc! I am just like you with thinking you're freaking out about nothing, but then it may really be something. It's better to always get second opinions if you're not sure!
I am glad everything is ok and I hope that knee gets better =)
OMG! Sooo glad you're okay, I can imagine how scary that was for you, and probably even moreso for CandleLady, not knowing what happened! Can you sue your landlord for not fixing the toilet now? LOL
No joke huh Blue, can you sue him/her?
LOL Eww it wasn't toilet water!!
The kids had a bath just before this and Lil'Buddy had been playing in the sink when brushing his teeth too!
YIKES! I would of been so scared too! Good thing you have such great people to stay on the phone with ya!
Hope your knee gets to feeling better!
Post a Comment
<< Home