Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lazy Day!

Today is obviously a very lazy day. I type this in complete silence, the only one stirring in the house. We got up this morning and went out for breakfast. The ride home must have caused everyone to elapse in some sort of comatose state, the minute we got in the house they were all asleep. Leaving me alone to romantic comedies and some good phone time with Cubanita.

I talked with my mom today, who thinks (according to her Farmers Almanac) that I will probably have the baby in the next few weeks. Not good considering invitations just went out for my soon-to-be-FaBuLoUs baby shower!! Can I just take a moment to say that it's beyond exceptional when you have not just one but so many friends doing something so personal and extraordinary for you! When the invitations went out and I received one it really hit me. You are all so very special to me and I'm glad that I have you in my life! I'm looking forward to the wonderful company and yummy cake (and of course celebrating a new baby into our lives)!

House update - The owner is in the hospital so we have no idea when we're going to close now. The contract and binder is only good up to the 15th of the month, I'm sure we'll have to meet with the Attorney again at some point. I knew it was going to be something, it always is! I have tried to be as optimistic as Husker always is, but it's hard when you just know something (even so minor as this) will happen.

Today is my youngest sister's birthday, she's 15 today! WOW! I can remember being at the hospital at this exact age waiting for her arrival. I had told her I can't wait till you're my age and I can take you shopping and do all sorts of fun things together. Too bad she stays grounded all the time! Anyway, Happy Birthday Sis!

7 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day! You totally were due for that.. =)
I had a VERY quiet(except for my mixed cd I played)house today too! B was at work and the boys with my MIL since lastnight...Alas the house is back to normal..LOL
Sounds like you are surrounded by wonderful friends! That is awesome to hear that you got invited to your own shower, how cute is that? lol
Sorry things are not going as planned with the house, But I am sure things will go smoothly! Listen to Husker, you didn't marry a dummy...LOL
Have a great Sunday!
Oh and a big HAPPY 15TH to your sis!

4:51 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Oh and I wanted to ask the dreaded question but forgot..HEHEHE
SOOOOOOO Is your tree still up? LOL

4:52 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ali... the dreaded friggen tree is still up BUT he did get all of the boxes down last night for me, so now it's all on me! :D Hey, I should be happy that he got them down without me having to ask again! lol

Cubanita....I know I'll never forget it!!

6:41 PM  
Blogger April said...

I'm glad you are so excited! I know we're having fun planning it, too!:D I'm sorry the owner's in the hospital. It does put a damper on things, but in the end, it will work out okay - even if it's not this house.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

I'm very sad, seriously. I wish I could come to your shower. We've known each other 4 years and haven't met yet. If I had the gas money to get there... I'd be there for sure...for your shower.


:(

:(

:(

12:08 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

I would be there in a HEARTBEAT IF I could too!!!!! Make sure to take lots of pics so Jayme and I can feel like we were there please...LOL

9:58 AM  
Blogger JC said...

That is awesome that your friends invited you to your baby shower =)I hope everything works out with the house just think positive.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home