Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ahh, the exhaustion!

We've had an exhausting yet fabulous weekend! Saturday morning we got up early for company to arrive; Di, Tileman, Sugar, Spice, 'J', PurpleMama, CompDaddy and Cutie Pie! This house was very lively, needless to say! The guys did the 'guy thing', us moms did the 'mom thing' and the kids were chaotic!! lol We went for 'Dunch' and then headed over to Cubanita's house. PurpleMama & CompDaddy had to leave and get their house ready for their New Years Eve Party.

Cuba & family hosted a great evening of wonderful food (of course), cards, drinks and a Merry New Year :) Di absolutely had me in so many friggen stitches I think I'm still recovering!!! Let's just say give Di a 12 pack and try to teach her Spades! HAHAHAHAAAAAA Actually, she did a great job and we almost kicked some butt! :) And I even have proof that was able to manage her cards!! :D


The kids had a fantastic time playing with each other as usual. They had plenty of sparklers to light and poppers to pop at midnight! We played cards till time to watch the ball drop.... don't ask how we missed it but thank god for DVR! LOL

New Years at 12:01am



We pretty much stayed up and talked. A LOT! I'm sure it was about 3:30am when we finally went to bed and I slept till almost noon. Cuba made the MOST FABULOUS Caramel Latté with her million dollar espresso machine this morning! Can I build a drive thru at your house for a daily Latté? So we missed the Waffles this morning...something to look forward to next time :) The Monté Cristo this evening was a good filler! I was very sad that Husker had to miss out on the overnight fun, he was slaving away all night and morning!

I got home this evening to a beautiful bouquet of flowers on the table with a card saying "I love you" and "Happy New Year"! Aww I love him so much!!

Thanks again Purple, Cubanita and Di for such a great weekend!!

Happy New Year!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Glad you and the kids had a great time. Husker sure is a keeper =) Happy New Year to you and your family.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Drinking and playing games is way to much fun. Normally, you can't stop laughing...LOL Glad you all had a great time.

Husker is the sweetest man, I do believe. :)

Happy New Year!

11:07 AM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Sounds like a great time!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Awww, sounds like fun! We had a pretty boring night, went out to dinner and then came home and relaxed. I didn't want to take Princess downtown cuz I figured she'd get bored...good thing, too, she slept all night! LOL

3:48 PM  
Blogger April said...

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun!! I missed being there, but felt bad leaving everyone at home while I went out and had a good time.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home