The Cat's Coming In!
We have finally caved. The cat is officially going to be part of the family. I'm not a fanatic of animals. I think they're cute to look at, as long as they belong to someone else. I typically won't touch any animal, I dislike their fur, coats, whathaveyou... But I have lots of friends with fury friends so I have come to terms with being friendly with them! Especially Trooper...he could literally take me down! LOL The whole potty thing really skeeves me too, so Husker has been informed that this will be HIS duty!
Tonight we bought the litter box with a hood and some sort of sifting contraption. Honestly it didn't matter to me what we got as long as I don't see it, smell it, or have to clean it! I did {secretly} enjoy buying the cat treats, toys, and other little things to make it's life here with us more enjoyable!
The kids have named him 'Sugar'. Okay so I'm having a hard time calling this male cat 'Sugar' especially since he smells NOTHING like sugar or anything baked with sugar {it's always about food huh?}. But I will adjust.
So, without further ado, here is our new addition.
Tonight we bought the litter box with a hood and some sort of sifting contraption. Honestly it didn't matter to me what we got as long as I don't see it, smell it, or have to clean it! I did {secretly} enjoy buying the cat treats, toys, and other little things to make it's life here with us more enjoyable!
The kids have named him 'Sugar'. Okay so I'm having a hard time calling this male cat 'Sugar' especially since he smells NOTHING like sugar or anything baked with sugar {it's always about food huh?}. But I will adjust.
So, without further ado, here is our new addition.








15 Comments:
Ohhh! Java, he's so pretty! And Sugar is such a cute name. I know the kids have got to be excited.
I'm like you. I'm not an animal fanatic. Actually, I'm allergic to animals. UGH, not fun! But today, I was loving up all over my friend Nina's toy chiuauha. His name is CoCo and he's brown. He's so freaking adorable and so little. He has to snuggle with someone and he dubbed me as his snuggle buddy yesterday and today. He was snuggled up in my arms, up under my chin. I wouldn't mind having a doggie... but I don't want to deal with potty training/house breaking the animal.
Besides, Chad refuses to have an animal in the house. Ryan and Saira want a pet so bad too.
We have totally went against anything/everything we've ever said before. I can see us as a 'dog'family, like a big golden retriver but he'd have to have his own room!! LOL So I can yell and say "Go to your room!"
yeah, take him to the vet. :)
He's going... he has to get 'groomed' and then have a checkup to make sure he's healthy!
awwww he's adorable. Just don't change the litter I'm sure you already know that while your pregnant.He looks so soft =)
He's very cute! What about Latte? That'd be a cute name for him! He does look kinda caramel-ly. LOL And our golden retriever does NOT have her own room, but I would like to have a big Florida room or something if we're gonna get another dog. Naala sleeps in our room, but when we're not home, is usually in the kitchen. So when she's in trouble (or wet or muddy), she's sent to the kitchen. Needless to say, our kitchen floor is NASTY!
OH HE IS ADORABLE!!! I JUST LOVE ORANGE CATS!! I myself am not a huge pet fanatic either, but I want a indoor only cat to snuggle with.LOL But I DON'T want to deal with the housetraining and all that crap either..LOL
Both boys ofcourse are dying to get a pet so soon as we move I think we will get a cat!
Awww . . . I'm so glad that you caved. Every kid needs a pet at least once (well, as long as they aren't going to die from allergies or anything). he's very cute (for a cat)! Anyhow, congrats on becoming a CAT family! :)
JC don't worry... I'm not coming 10 feet of the litter box, yuck! As soon as we find the automatic one it's bought!
Rachelle said...
Awwwwww, welcome to the family, Sugar! LOL! Java, I would bet that you're going to end up loving him! Did you know it's a proven fact that petting a cat can lower your blood pressure? Not that you have high BP, lmao! No, seriously, we have a cat named Grey Baby, and she IS very relaxing. She helps me put the kids in bed every night, and it's nice to watch TV with her curled up in my lap and purring. And cats are SMART! So enjoy your new addition, and Husker: Enjoy your super-dooper-pooper-scooping!
He's a handsome kitty for sure. Helpful hint, "scoop away" is by far the ebst litter. Not the cheapest, but the best.
Congrats on being "owned" by a kitty! Name his Latte'. hehe
><((*>
I proposed the name Latté to Princess... her response;
"Isn't that what you put in coffee?"
Trooper is an awesome dog, you'd like my Phantom he isn't quite as big as Trooper. My dogs definately need there own room, but they only want to be with us. If I am home alone and cleaning the bathroom they try and come into the bathroom to be near me, and there is definately not room for 3 bodies in my bathroom!!
OMG we need a doggie playdate!!!!!
LOL!! How FUN would that be! Can I bring my cat??? LMAO!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home