Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Off to Carol


The kids and I are going to carol in the morning to the elderly folk with the playgroup. We've made some cute little cards for them to hand out. I absolutely love this time of year, the thought of making someone happy or giving the little that I can to lift someone's spirit...it's such a joy! I can remember visiting my great-grandmother in the nursing home as a pre-teen, I hated it at first, but then I saw how much the others enjoyed our company as well. Many of them abandoned or had lost their loved ones, maybe didn't have them...so we filled that void. I hope that this is something we can do each year and that my children will learn to appreciate the elderly, regardless of how stubborn some may be! ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Blue said...

I hope they like the card that Princess made for them! Sorry we can't join you, but it's probably for the best...if they're not deaf yet, they would be after hearing me sing! LMAO

9:40 AM  
Blogger April said...

I'm so glad it was good for the kids. Unfortunately, after visiting the homes that my grandfather was in, I'm too freaked out to go . . . even when I was in elementary school and we would go sing at the nursing homes . .. sorry - I just can not do it.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

It wasn't a nursing home really. It looked like an apartment community. It was super nice and there was NO smell at all!!!! :D

There were about 40 in the room, all able-bodies, fully independant seniors and they loved having us there. This is something I hope we continue with each year....

granted we get a friggen piano player next time!!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home