Frosty
A couple of years ago during one of my visits home I noticed that my mom had this frost over all of her windows. I had asked her about it and she told me about this spray you get at the home improvement stores that frosts your windows/doors. I've been meaning to do this and kept forgetting, so this evening Husker, the kids and I went to the store after having dinner out and found it!
This evening I put on my mask (being a good preggo), took a hand towel with me for double protection and cleaned the windows I wanted to frost. Holy cow this crap is STRONG!!! It's like inhaling 50 bottles of polish remover!! LOL
WARNING: VENTILATE YOUR HOUSE FIRST!!
Now that my kids have laughed at me all evening for walking into the bathrooms and running out as fast as I could a hundred times to catch my breath I can say the finished product is awesome! Now I can take out the blinds and look at the nice frosted windows! :) I also did 1 of my 4 kitchen windows.
Here's an idea of what it looks like:
This evening I put on my mask (being a good preggo), took a hand towel with me for double protection and cleaned the windows I wanted to frost. Holy cow this crap is STRONG!!! It's like inhaling 50 bottles of polish remover!! LOL
WARNING: VENTILATE YOUR HOUSE FIRST!!
Now that my kids have laughed at me all evening for walking into the bathrooms and running out as fast as I could a hundred times to catch my breath I can say the finished product is awesome! Now I can take out the blinds and look at the nice frosted windows! :) I also did 1 of my 4 kitchen windows.
Here's an idea of what it looks like:








4 Comments:
Cool! I should look into that! My back door is all windows and there's woods on the other side of my fence where the kids like to play...I'm always worried about them playing back there and seeing me in the living room. I'd hate to traumatize the poor kids for life! LOL
It looks like it's permanent. My husband had said something about wanting to do this in our bathroom windows. I also love the "snow" that you can stencil onto your windows at the holidays - but it's ultra-messy!
It's not messy at all, and it's not permanent, it has removal instructions. My mom has it year round in her house, only because she likes to leave the house "open"...she doesn't use blinds! It looks REALLY nice in the bathrooms!!
That stuff is really nice looking! Might have to look into that maybe. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home