Friday, November 25, 2005

It was a hit!

Thursday was such a long day! I didn't wake up too early because I really didn't have to. I had baked 3 pies the night before as well as put my green beans in the crock pot. I put together a couple of Casseroles, got the Turkey prepared and made my morning coffee. Husker had been called in to work that morning around 5:30am so I pretty much had the morning to myself!

I chatted with a few friends online then got dressed for the day. Our guests had arrived just after noon. We got the Ham in the oven with the Turkey, prepared the other Casseroles and sat around.

The kids had a blast playing with Sugar & Spice while we all waited for dinner. Di helped around in the kitchen. For the most part we just stood around talking! lol
Husker and Tileman were outside rearranging the neighborhood! hahhaaa, Men are so funny! We had an awesome dinner. I won't go into the Turkey fiasco...it was cooked, delicious, but man...it sucks to have a faulty popper and a crappy oven!!

So we ate like pigs! It was so good and just what I had been anticipating all day!
We cleaned, ate pie, cleaned more, had coffee, cleaned more! lol
It was a nice day! Sugar and Spice stayed over so the kids had a lot of fun. They've put a tent up in the living room and are playing Polly Pockets! My poor Lil'Buddy and all of the 'girl'friends we have over!! :)

I'm off for shopping and good times with friends today and tomorrow. So I'll be MIA till later this weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Sounds like a great day!!
We did alot of the same.. Nice relaxing night with a few cocktails and my favorite family to hang out with..LOL

3:01 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great turkey day and all that yummy food you were craving :)

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home