It's that time!!
I just found out yesterday that next week is the beginning of school registration for the 2006-2007 school year. This means I need to make a solid decision regarding Princess and where she's going to attend...
We have the Private Christian School which will cost us about $250-300/mo. They have an awesome curriculum and small classrooms, plus it's not far from the house.
Then there's Public school. We drove by yesterday, it's a very nice school but the 'hood' is literally blocks away, that includes the 'projects' as well. I know this will probably sound snotty but I do not want my kids going to school with children who come from the 'hood'. We looked at the school ratings and there are SO many that are not meeting the standards with the majority barely meeting them, and rarely none of the majority exceeding them. I want my children to exceed...not just 'meet' them. It just doesn't look good to me. I want her to excel and above all, LEARN!
I know the tuition for the private school is so cheap compared to most but getting Husker to add that to the budget is like pulling teeth. Right now we're saving all we can into our house savings and he doesn't like to sway from his 'budget'.
She is able to go to one of the other public schools, even a school in another county nearby but we would still have to pay a tuition, not as much as the private school though.
So that's what I've got to decide this weekend. I can't believe she'll be starting Kindergarten in just 5 months!!
We have the Private Christian School which will cost us about $250-300/mo. They have an awesome curriculum and small classrooms, plus it's not far from the house.
Then there's Public school. We drove by yesterday, it's a very nice school but the 'hood' is literally blocks away, that includes the 'projects' as well. I know this will probably sound snotty but I do not want my kids going to school with children who come from the 'hood'. We looked at the school ratings and there are SO many that are not meeting the standards with the majority barely meeting them, and rarely none of the majority exceeding them. I want my children to exceed...not just 'meet' them. It just doesn't look good to me. I want her to excel and above all, LEARN!
I know the tuition for the private school is so cheap compared to most but getting Husker to add that to the budget is like pulling teeth. Right now we're saving all we can into our house savings and he doesn't like to sway from his 'budget'.
She is able to go to one of the other public schools, even a school in another county nearby but we would still have to pay a tuition, not as much as the private school though.
So that's what I've got to decide this weekend. I can't believe she'll be starting Kindergarten in just 5 months!!








6 Comments:
Boater talks all the time about how he wants Little Guy to go to private school. I would feel the same way Java if they are barely meeting the standards then I wouldn't want my child going . I live in a county where the schools are ranked one of the best in the state.
I am so lucky to have Fishweir so close and its a magnet and in a good neighborhood! Otherwise I really wouldn't have a choice, but I am from the 'hood' and I can scare myself so I know whatcha mean!!
Speaking of the house...what ever happened with y'all buying that house? Did you ever close on it? I don't remember reading an update.
When the owner fell she was in the hospital for weeks. The contract deadline had passed, with her still in the hospital. She did something to her spine when she fell.
So, the Daughter decided to take all of the property she had for sale off the market. Fortunately for them she did this after our contract had expired, so there was nothing we could do about it. We got our binder back.
We understand/stood their situation and just wanted to see the lady make it and get better. It's still not for sale again and we have no idea if she made it. :(
Oh, that's awful! So are y'all looking for another or waiting for that one?
Ocassionally.
We kind of just put things on hold since the baby was coming soon, and now that she's here we're wishing we would have just found something already.
Oh well. Our lease is up in Aug for this house so maybe we'll just wait till then!
Post a Comment
<< Home