What a friggin day!!
We got up ready to go to a playdate today. The kids wanted doughnuts so we headed to Dunkin' Donuts. I got a caramel latte and a dozen of doughnuts. The day started then...when I left my coffee on the roof of the van and a lady had to flag me down. Of course when I slowed down to stop is when it tips over and floods my windshield with my latte...lovely.
I get to Lori's only to find out that the playdate started at 12pm, I was thinking it started at 11am, so I was a little early (actually *I* thought I was late). So we have a good time at the playdate and leave around 2:30pm. I checked our mailboxes and headed to Target. They didn't really have what I wanted so we went across the parking lot to Michaels.
About 20 mins. into our shopping Lil'Man decides to climb out of the back of the shopping cart, inevitably he fell, breaking his fall and bracing himself by his hand which caused a distal radius fracture. I rushed to the counter to have them hold my items and took him to Solantic. We get there, waited about 20 mins., got xrays and the fracture was confirmed.

They gave him a long arm fiberglass cast (purple) and referred us to Nemours to see a Pediatric Orthopedic. He goes in on Monday morning to have it reset and a new cast put on. I'm so sad for him and it just crushes my heart to think he may be in any pain. He seems to be taking it okay and doesn't complain much....yet.
I get to Lori's only to find out that the playdate started at 12pm, I was thinking it started at 11am, so I was a little early (actually *I* thought I was late). So we have a good time at the playdate and leave around 2:30pm. I checked our mailboxes and headed to Target. They didn't really have what I wanted so we went across the parking lot to Michaels.
About 20 mins. into our shopping Lil'Man decides to climb out of the back of the shopping cart, inevitably he fell, breaking his fall and bracing himself by his hand which caused a distal radius fracture. I rushed to the counter to have them hold my items and took him to Solantic. We get there, waited about 20 mins., got xrays and the fracture was confirmed.

They gave him a long arm fiberglass cast (purple) and referred us to Nemours to see a Pediatric Orthopedic. He goes in on Monday morning to have it reset and a new cast put on. I'm so sad for him and it just crushes my heart to think he may be in any pain. He seems to be taking it okay and doesn't complain much....yet.








2 Comments:
Yep, I called and his appt is on Monday. I actually forgot to request that group but I ended up getting Mazor anyway! :)
I hope he's feeling better soon! And I hope he doesn't hurt his sister with his new weapon! LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home