Father's Day
Yesterday was Father's Day...
So, now I'm beating myself up for going an entire day without thinking of my Father. He passed away in 1998 and still today it's one of the hardest things to even think about. Perhaps it's a mental block. Perhaps it's something my heart doesn't want to remember. I miss him so much, he was such a big part in my life. Sometimes I just want to day dream that he just ran off to do something extraordinary...like a Safari Hunt in the wild of Africa, or on an Expedition in Australia. I know that sounds weird, but it's easier than to think of him being dead.
I miss him. I love him. I wish he were alive to see all of his beautiful grandchildren. I know he's watching over us and that eases the pain at times.
Husker had a nice day. The kids made some crafts and cards for him and we attended a Father's Day Family BBQ with the playgroup. That was really nice. We met a few new families that attended. The guys grilled. bonded. you know...guy stuff.
I love days like that, good food, fun and lots of families with commonalities.
So, now I'm beating myself up for going an entire day without thinking of my Father. He passed away in 1998 and still today it's one of the hardest things to even think about. Perhaps it's a mental block. Perhaps it's something my heart doesn't want to remember. I miss him so much, he was such a big part in my life. Sometimes I just want to day dream that he just ran off to do something extraordinary...like a Safari Hunt in the wild of Africa, or on an Expedition in Australia. I know that sounds weird, but it's easier than to think of him being dead.
I miss him. I love him. I wish he were alive to see all of his beautiful grandchildren. I know he's watching over us and that eases the pain at times.
Husker had a nice day. The kids made some crafts and cards for him and we attended a Father's Day Family BBQ with the playgroup. That was really nice. We met a few new families that attended. The guys grilled. bonded. you know...guy stuff.
I love days like that, good food, fun and lots of families with commonalities.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home