Tooth-Tales
So last Wednesday I am playing with the kids, it was a long day... we had been to the beach all morning then stopped in at our favorite playarea to wind down and have lunch. With pure exhaustion I rub my eyes, my fingers melt down my face and towards my nostrils and this screaching pain strikes down my face and into a tooth, #13 to be exact! So, like a kid I decide to examine my tooth/mouth 'internally' (definitely not practicing what I preach of keeping your fingers out of your mouth) and I find this huge knot under my cheek bone at the very top of my gum above the same tooth.
I immediately call my dentist the next morning and get an appointment that afternoon. She takes a x-ray of the single tooth. I wait about 10 minutes and she comes back with the picture. She has me get up to take a looksie. She does this little snort laugh and asks me what I see... umm hello, did I go to Dental school? I see teeth... thatsaboutit! She tells me that this tooth has such a deep root that it's invaded my sinus cavity and has "hooked" itself in there. WHAT? I have that umm-hurr? look! As I express how digusting that is she assures me it isn't, well that's why she's the Dentist right?! hardy-har-har So this deep root has caused an infection in my sinus cavity (aka abcessed tooth).
So, next step... she refers me to an Endodontist, since it's so complex she doesn't feel adequet enough to perform the root canal. I get my copy of the x-ray, my referral slip and I go on my way.
Next day, I come down with a massive fever, the chills, achy body... the works! I'm positive it's from the infection. Saturday I wake up and the back side of the tooth has swollen also...meaning I have two abcesses on the same tooth! Ouch!
So today I spent the day calling Endodontists and made my appt. for this Thurs. for The.Dreaded.Root.Canal. Ugh, I hate dental visits!
I immediately call my dentist the next morning and get an appointment that afternoon. She takes a x-ray of the single tooth. I wait about 10 minutes and she comes back with the picture. She has me get up to take a looksie. She does this little snort laugh and asks me what I see... umm hello, did I go to Dental school? I see teeth... thatsaboutit! She tells me that this tooth has such a deep root that it's invaded my sinus cavity and has "hooked" itself in there. WHAT? I have that umm-hurr? look! As I express how digusting that is she assures me it isn't, well that's why she's the Dentist right?! hardy-har-har So this deep root has caused an infection in my sinus cavity (aka abcessed tooth).
So, next step... she refers me to an Endodontist, since it's so complex she doesn't feel adequet enough to perform the root canal. I get my copy of the x-ray, my referral slip and I go on my way.
Next day, I come down with a massive fever, the chills, achy body... the works! I'm positive it's from the infection. Saturday I wake up and the back side of the tooth has swollen also...meaning I have two abcesses on the same tooth! Ouch!
So today I spent the day calling Endodontists and made my appt. for this Thurs. for The.Dreaded.Root.Canal. Ugh, I hate dental visits!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home