Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The Hatch Is Open

This blog hasn't seen a post in 5 years...so much has changed, it's crazy!

I've recently found myself needing to talk. To anyone. Therapist crossed my mind, but who's kidding here.... I'm too much of a control freak, I'd end up running the session before the hour's over. So, there went that idea. I could talk with the hubs, but again, honesty being the virtue of the day, that wouldn't go very far either. His idea of "talking" is just listening to what I have to say, giving no answer or suggestion thus leading me right back into the turmoil of confusion and disarray.

So, I'm blogging. Yep. Basically talking to myself. Which brings back the second thoughts of a Therapist.... see, it's an endless cycle.

My issues, right. I'll be 36 this year (geez I'm getting old) and I still feel lost. We made the transitional move in 2008 to the Appalachia, found a rental house and started new lives for ourselves. It was a tough move and the months to follow would end up being some of the hardest months of my life! I basically ended up losing 3/4ths of the friends I had in Florida. Some closer than others which ended up not being much of a loss afterall. After renting for a year we moved into our beautiful new home on 19 acres. The kids started their new schools, again. And it was like starting all over, again.
Although we had only moved 10 minutes away and somewhat in the "country" somehow people here think that's just too far to drive?! I've hosted house parties, cookouts, bonfires...no one shows up. We're not in a metropolitan anymore Toto and it shows!

I've reached out to neighbors, new acquaintances, store clerks and employees, hubs co-workers, parents from the kids schools....and notta. How is it possible that Miss social here, who's never had a problem adjusting and keeping a uber busy schedule comes up short on the friend train?!

It's not just about making friends ...but it's having support around you. It shows our children how to be social, outgoing, accountable, etc. We've never had family around us. My children have never had the experience of birthdays or holidays with family.
I lived in Florida for 12-13 years and can count on two hands how many times we had family visit. I can count on two hands times ten how many times we took the 11-26 hr trips...and with children to visit our families. There's never been an even keel. So for the most part our friends became our family. That is until we moved here.

Years later I finally get it. No one (aside from us CSX imports) move here. People here are from here. Their families all live here. If you look at all of our Floridian friends most were like us...families were elsewhere. Friends were important. Friends were staples.

We just brought baby number 4 into our family...our family that grows no more! That's it for us. We are officially a family of 6 with 2 dogs. I think that says la mia vita e completa for sure!!

Now what I've finally come to realize after all of this is that I don't need all the aforementioned. I truly am happy having my husband at my side, who's also my bestest friend, and my children. Friends come and go....my family is forever.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home