Sunday, October 30, 2005

Thinking about the Holidays

I can't believe it's that time of year again. Halloween, Princess' Birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years! This is the time of year when I really miss having my family around. Husker's job (once again) will hinder us from traveling home to spend the holidays with family. Last Thanksgiving we had a couple over to enjoy the feast with us. Now that we're in the Swamp it's not to easy to invite people over. I guess I will cook again this year, I really love doing it, we just have so much leftover because I insist on cooking EVERYTHING that I had growing up! Turkey, Honey baked Ham, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Pie, Stuffing, Cranberries & more...oh I'm getting hungry!! The best part is dessert! Pecan Pie, Derby Pie, Chess Pie!! I love having Turkey and Cranberry sandwiches afterwards! Yum!! Less than a month away... I'm thinking maybe I should do a "Mock Thanksgiving" just as a refresher! hahaha

7 Comments:

Blogger water said...

Ohh... I will come to the swamp for the mock Thanksgiving!! LMK when. We will be in Atlanta for the real Thanksgiving, but I am always up for Turkey, stuffing and everything else!! YUM... Flyboy said it best I am going to get FAT!!

7:11 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

It's settled then...my house, Thanksgiving Day!

9:53 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

I understand how you feel as well!!
I love once the "holiday season" gets underway... I love the smells the sounds, the shows all of it!!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I already broke out my Pumpkin Spice and Apple Pie candles! Yummm!!!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

Yummm, I wanna come! I'll have to run it by Sailor, of course, first, if I'm invited. (Guess Cubanita is rubbing off on me, I'm inviting myself over! lol)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Husker has to work all day that day, even though it's his usual day off.... so I didn't want to just go with the kids.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Mmm, turkey and cranberry sauce sandwiches!!! Girl you are making me HUNGRY! I love the holidays!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home