Ode to Ali
This may be corny to most but this person has really touched my heart and I want her to know that! I've known Ali for a few years. We met via email when we were both invovled in photo contests. I referred her to the parenting board most of us posted at during that time. Since then, Ali has become a friend. Someone who always has encouraging words for her fellow members, someone who listens and knows when to offer advice and when to just offer a HUG. Ali is a sweet and loving person and it shows. She's dedicated time and energy to Moms-Online without asking for anything in return.
Almost three years ago I was pregnant with Lil'Buddy and posted photos in my journal often. A special little thing that Princess always wanted to do was the "Belly Bump". It became very frequent, doing "Belly Bumps" everyday! It was so cute, I'd lift my shirt, she'd do the same and we'd touch and Princess would say "Bump". I took photos and posted to MO.
Yesterday Ali mentioned that. She remembered. I don't know about you but when someone I've never met in my entire life can remember those little minute things that mean so much to me definitely has a special place. That made me think about so many people I am around or was around everyday. Can they tell me what my favorite past-time is, or my favorite food, can they recall those special moments I hold with my children or anything about my life in general?
Ali did. That was big Ali and I want you to know that you are a friend that anyone should want to have.
THANK YOU! You brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye and it made me proud to call you a friend.
Almost three years ago I was pregnant with Lil'Buddy and posted photos in my journal often. A special little thing that Princess always wanted to do was the "Belly Bump". It became very frequent, doing "Belly Bumps" everyday! It was so cute, I'd lift my shirt, she'd do the same and we'd touch and Princess would say "Bump". I took photos and posted to MO.
Yesterday Ali mentioned that. She remembered. I don't know about you but when someone I've never met in my entire life can remember those little minute things that mean so much to me definitely has a special place. That made me think about so many people I am around or was around everyday. Can they tell me what my favorite past-time is, or my favorite food, can they recall those special moments I hold with my children or anything about my life in general?
Ali did. That was big Ali and I want you to know that you are a friend that anyone should want to have.
THANK YOU! You brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye and it made me proud to call you a friend.








7 Comments:
OMG I AM IN TEARS!!! I just happened to be doing my daily reading and WOW... Girl it is too early to make me cry..LOL
You are deff. a friend everyone wants to have too! You are so very welcome even though you would never need to thank me! I so appreciate this post like you dont even know!!!
Thank YOU! For emailing me and sending me over to the crazy people..LOL It was worth a year or more with them to meet ya!! Hopefully sometime we can meet in person!! Love ya girlie!!
(((((((((HUGS))))))))
AWWWWWWWWWWW! And your favorite food is that turtle cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. Right? LOL With a caramel latte.
Awww . . . how sweet, and how lovely to have such a friend - even though you've never met! You are a very lucky person, Java, to have been blessed with other close friends as well! Do you know how lucky you are?
Ali - you make me want to go over to MO to get to know you better!
Yay!! I think you and Stampy know my cheesecake for sure! Chocolate Turtle Pecan from CF!! And please don't forget the Caramel Latté, I think Cubanita has that one down for sure (she's only ordered me a dozen in the last week!!).
Scrapy, it definitely takes moments like that to realize how lucky we all are at times!! :)
MO rocks! I've made several good friends there over the last few years!
... we're lucky to have a friend like you too Purple Mama!! ;)
We most certainly are!!
It's always great to hear about special things happening from MO. Makes me want to keep it going when I feel like I can't keep it going anymore.
Post a Comment
<< Home