Halloween Party!
The day didn't start off as planned...is that unusual these days??!?! :)
They tried to give us the gymnasium instead of the old fitness center that we had rented before. I had to make a few calls and really get dirty with this woman...they were seriously going to tick me off! Finally, after not taking no for an answer and pretty much demanding that we get what we wanted...we got it! :) Yay!
That didn't give us any time for decorating, but everyone pitched in and really took off rushing that department! There was so much food and it was so yummy! I think about 3 tables worth!! We had 2 large craft tables set up for the kids; Pumpkin Decorating, Halloween Coloring Pages, Mask Decorating and Ghost Necklace Decorating! What kid wouldn't have fun doing all of that?!?! We had plenty of games going; Pin the Tail on the Cat, Bean Bag Toss and a Spider Ring Toss!
I only got to sit for a few minutes to eat, the rest of the time I spent going over a cleanup game plan in my head. I did spend a good time in the bathroom cleaning up...that place was trashed! I had so much going on that I almost forgot about the raffle AND the donation bucket! I'm always worrying about other people and if they're having a good time that I tend to forget about myself or my kids! I felt so bad because I left them to decorate on their own but I ended up sitting there helping a few other kids decorate masks, ghosts and pumpkins! What can I say... I just love all these kids!!!!!!
Husker had a good time, he said it was better than last years Halloween party! I guess that's the goal...better each year! Maybe by next year we'll have a solid game plan for everything! He got to talk to a few new Dads and lots of those that he already knew. I'm so lucky that he supports the playgroup and encourages me to never give up despite whatever may be going on!
We finally got everything done! I won 2 of the raffles! One was a Stampin' Up gift card (I'm going to owe Cubanita bigtime for that win) and the Peterbrooke bag...it had a bunch of halloween decor and a bag of chocolate covered popcorn (all gone!!). Princess and Lil'Buddy came home with lots of goodies and prizes too!
It was good to see everyone, especially those I hadn't seen in a while. We made it home safely but very tired. Husker had to work tonight and usually lays down for a few hours before work...he didn't even get a minute of sleep. :( He sacrificed his sleep for us, I'll have to bake him something special! :)
Two more days till Halloween!!
They tried to give us the gymnasium instead of the old fitness center that we had rented before. I had to make a few calls and really get dirty with this woman...they were seriously going to tick me off! Finally, after not taking no for an answer and pretty much demanding that we get what we wanted...we got it! :) Yay!
That didn't give us any time for decorating, but everyone pitched in and really took off rushing that department! There was so much food and it was so yummy! I think about 3 tables worth!! We had 2 large craft tables set up for the kids; Pumpkin Decorating, Halloween Coloring Pages, Mask Decorating and Ghost Necklace Decorating! What kid wouldn't have fun doing all of that?!?! We had plenty of games going; Pin the Tail on the Cat, Bean Bag Toss and a Spider Ring Toss!
I only got to sit for a few minutes to eat, the rest of the time I spent going over a cleanup game plan in my head. I did spend a good time in the bathroom cleaning up...that place was trashed! I had so much going on that I almost forgot about the raffle AND the donation bucket! I'm always worrying about other people and if they're having a good time that I tend to forget about myself or my kids! I felt so bad because I left them to decorate on their own but I ended up sitting there helping a few other kids decorate masks, ghosts and pumpkins! What can I say... I just love all these kids!!!!!!
Husker had a good time, he said it was better than last years Halloween party! I guess that's the goal...better each year! Maybe by next year we'll have a solid game plan for everything! He got to talk to a few new Dads and lots of those that he already knew. I'm so lucky that he supports the playgroup and encourages me to never give up despite whatever may be going on!
We finally got everything done! I won 2 of the raffles! One was a Stampin' Up gift card (I'm going to owe Cubanita bigtime for that win) and the Peterbrooke bag...it had a bunch of halloween decor and a bag of chocolate covered popcorn (all gone!!). Princess and Lil'Buddy came home with lots of goodies and prizes too!
It was good to see everyone, especially those I hadn't seen in a while. We made it home safely but very tired. Husker had to work tonight and usually lays down for a few hours before work...he didn't even get a minute of sleep. :( He sacrificed his sleep for us, I'll have to bake him something special! :)
Two more days till Halloween!!








4 Comments:
I am still bummed I forgot to get cash and couldn't enter the raffles!! Thanks for all the planning you do for JPP, we all appreciate it!!
We did have a great turnout and an awesome party! And I think we did a pretty good job of setting up and all, even though we lost an hour of decorating time! Time to get started on the Christmas Party now?
Sounds like a great time!!
Glad you all had fun!!
One more day till Halloween..HEHE
Yes, I think we should get started ... that way we have all our ducks in a row! :) No last minute quickies hahahahaa!!
Post a Comment
<< Home