Saturday, October 08, 2005

Spicing things up...

I always write out a menu of meals I'm cooking for dinner each week. It's posted on the refrigerator where Husker can take a look and where I can keep in mind what we're having. This week (starting today) I decided this would be the week that I should spice things up a bit, everything on the calendar are new main dishes!

Saturday - Caramel Apple Pork Chops, Pasta, Green Beans, Hawaiian Rolls
Sunday - Chicken Verde Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Corn
Monday - One Pot Salsa Beef Skillet, Rice
Tuesday - Garlic Beer Steaks, Squash Casserole
Wednesday - Going out to dinner


That's all I have thus far. Tonight we had the Pork Chops...and they were so good! Husker usually doesn't like a sweet taste on his meats but he really liked these and the kids ate them up! I'm really excited about the three other dishes, it's good to have a change in the menu every now and again!

If anyone would like recipes let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

OH YUM YUM!! I may have to try the pork chops sometime!!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Those were super easy!

Cook your chops on a skillet lightly brushed with vegtable oil once done set in a preheated oven just to keep warm.
In the skillet heat 2 tbls. of butter then add;

1/8 nutmeg
1/8 cinnamon
2 tbls brown sugar
salt & pepper to taste
2 apples sliced and peeled

Wait till they carmelize and are soft. Take out the chops and then arrange the apples on top then pouring the rest of the sauce across the dish. Then serve! :)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home