Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Why?

Why do I feel that I have completely wasted my time and energy? Last night I spent hours, literally 3 hours glued to my computer, in chat discussing all of these potential changes and updates for the group. Again today I spent over 2 hours just typing up the briefing to send to the entire group so those that missed it has an idea of what was discussed. It was barely acknowledged. No "good job", No "thank you", no suggestions, no opinions... I received 2 emails, 2 out of 60 members, asking what they could do. I feel as if I've wasted over 5 hours of my time that I could have been unpacking, playing with my children, grocery shopping, anything but what I did.

I have never really felt that there is anyone besides myself that takes any of this as serious as I do. I'm completely committed to this group and have been since day one. I mean, c'mon there are people that bitch about a drive to Orange Park or to the Beach and here I am willing to drive a hour each way to participate. I just don't know what to do. I know there are some that are appreciative, but it's hard to get past the ones that aren't to see that.

I know most everyone that reads my blog is in the playgroup so don't feel obligated to be appreciative due to this post, I'm just bitching...I'll get over with some sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Blue said...

Awww, you know I appreciate everything you've done for us! I didn't reply to your post because I was im'ing you about it before you posted. I'm sure you know that those of us that read your blog do appreciate you. We just don't say it often enough, I guess.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

I know what you mean, though, it does seem like some just take it for granted and will complain when something's not what they wanted, but won't say thank you when it is what they wanted.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hey I did say "I know there are some that are appreciative, but it's hard to get past the ones that aren't to see that."

I certainly don't and never have done this for any self-gratification or to feel appreciated, I get that at home with my family everyday. I did this because there was a need for it, for my children and others and to find friends for myself.

I guess I'm not saying that I feel the efforts themselves are unapprecicated but just the past couple of days and that whole meeting really fried my brain.

I don't want to make all of these changes and be stuck doing it all, alone....Desert, you and I talked about that.

Anyway, I'm over it. I got my sleep, I'm over my grouchy ass mood.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home