Monday, February 05, 2007

Still around....

Still around, though I've wondered WHY I still even have this blog. Maybe because it's free and isn't costing me anything, so why not?

Been moving {still}. It has been the biggest hassle. No one to watch the kids {let me rephrase that, no one willing} for us so we end up doing little bit at a time, which in the long run costs us SO much more time and money. 16 miles back and forth from the hotel or storage unit, over and over... and in two vehicles, it adds up. Husker moving everything by himself, even the heavy stuff... so he's exhausted. It seems as if we'll never get this stuff completely moved. Not to mention he has 1 day off a week. So how do we get family time in, "personal" time, moving and relaxing all in ONE day?

I'm ready to just hire a sitter. I can't rely on anyone, it's very frustrating. Not to get too personal but my husband and I have had "personal time" twice in five months. That is NOT cool. He goes to bed way too early when on first shift. The day is shot when he's on second shift and well, you know how the graveyard shift is. At least when he marks up he'll go to his two days off a week, no more overtime (they're only allowed 9 hours a day of work).

Everything else is going. Elisabeth loves school, new friends and her teacher. She's reading books all by herself now. Last night she sighted 100 words for me... such a smarty pants! I can't even spell words anymore, she figures them out! lol
Landon is doing okay. He really needs some boys to play with though. Isabella is doing wonderfully. She's been walking for a few weeks now and is a pro already! She cracks me up sometimes. She'll walk in circles just laughing! lol

We've managed to get two days of furniture shopping in, lovely huh? So, as of now, we have a mattress/box springs in our room. Clothes EVERYWHERE. A mattress in the kids rooms, waiting to get bunk beds. Dining room is empty. Living room has the sofa and one of our end tables for the TV. I feel so unorganized and empty! This place needs to warm up soon, so I feel "at home".

Pics will come later once we get everything and are 'settled', which is very soon I hope!

TTYL!

4 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Hugs!! Wish I was there, I would watch the kids for ya, I know how hard it is to get stuff done when you have little ones at your feet and no time.. Sorry there is no one willing or offering help, that sucks.. I hope you guys get everything settled soon!!

Sorry to hear about the lack of time with you and Husker, I am sure things will get back on track in that dept in no time! But I know how you feel and it sucks too..LOL

I am always here if you wanna chat!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger JC said...

((HUGS)))I hope things settle down for ya's. Aww Isabella's walking how neat.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

You know what, that's sad, you know so many people there, they know what you are doing with moving. And no one will volunteer to help you out to watch them. UGH, that just pisses me off!

And you are so in trouble Missy! With all this moving, we haven't been able to talk much....S.U.C.K.S!!!!!! And I haven't had any updates. You're fired, gonna have to find a new Mary...HEHE!!!! LMAO!!!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger April said...

WOW, you somehow did a lot of updating in the past 10 days - where have I beeN??? I've always been willing to watch the kids, btw. I just figure I'm too far away - and b/c of Matthew in school, I kind of need to stay close to here. Anyhow, Landon would have had boys to play with if you had just moved back to Fleming Island! LOL I wish ya'll would have considered that b/c Lance also needs more boys to play with while Matthew's in school! :) I am glad at least that you are out of GA! hehee!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home