Sunday, December 24, 2006

Home 'Suite' Home

Well, we're here. We made it albeit extremely tired, slightly stressed and overly anxious. There are a few things that were left at the house, we were packed to the max on Thursday. We still have the walk-thru with the Landlord sometime next week and we can get those things then. The storage unit is PACKED TIGHT. I would have preferred a larger one, but I guess they were short on what we really needed. It's been a little stressful being here while Husker works 1st shift. He goes to bed really early, which makes it hard for me to keep the kids quiet. And you all know the night owl that I am, so I can be a little noisy also.

Friday night we had our Playgroup's 3rd Holiday Party. It was really nice. There were about 60 or so there, LOTS of really good food and a REAL Santa! One of our member's got their Country Club's usual Santa, he was excellent with the kids. It was priceless to see my Lil'Buddy up in his lap whispering in his ear. Of course neither of the girls wanted anything to do with him, I didn't force it or push them.

Saturday I ran out and finished picking up a few last min. items then came back to wrap everything. Since we only have a 12" tree on the end table we stacked everything on top of the table and on the floor, it was starting to look funny!!

Today Husker, the kids and I met Cuba and her two girls at the movies. We watched Night at the Museum... it was so funny! I love Ben Stiller, he cracks me up!

Happy Christmas Eve! We're opening all our gifts (minus those from Santa) tonight! Hope you're all enjoying being with family and loved ones.

2 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Hope you guys are adjusting well!
how long are you guys at the hotel for?

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Till we find a house to buy or rent OR mid-March... when they'll kick us out! LOL

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home