I say it EVERY TIME!
Right before each party our playgroup has I get to the point where I say, "no more, no more, no more!".... and what happens? We plan another!
Except this is the first party, out of 10, that I have done it ALL ALONE! Of course, when I started planning 2 1/2 months ago I asked for volunteers and got about 15...where are they now? Beats me. People will volunteer all day for shit till it comes down to actually DOING it.
I've done all the polls, phone calls, organizing, emails, etc... Not one single person, out of 100 members has said, "Mary, what can I do to help out?" "Mary, do you need me to do anything?"......nothing.
It's frustrating, it's tiring and it's annoying. I am a people pleaser, I'm an over-achiever and I'm a perfectionist... I know this. I just want to make people happy and in the long run I'm the unhappiest. Why is that? I've never even had the opportunity to ENJOY these parties. Everyone gets to sit back and relax and I'm the one running around like a mad woman party planning to a perfection. I want to say "It's So UNFAIR" but I do it to myself and have yet to learn a lesson.
Don't even get me started on the baby showers I helped plan. I know I won't be going there again! And it's a shame because I really did enjoy helping with them! Out of showers for 7 people this year... I got 2, "Thanks". Nice huh?!
Except this is the first party, out of 10, that I have done it ALL ALONE! Of course, when I started planning 2 1/2 months ago I asked for volunteers and got about 15...where are they now? Beats me. People will volunteer all day for shit till it comes down to actually DOING it.
I've done all the polls, phone calls, organizing, emails, etc... Not one single person, out of 100 members has said, "Mary, what can I do to help out?" "Mary, do you need me to do anything?"......nothing.
It's frustrating, it's tiring and it's annoying. I am a people pleaser, I'm an over-achiever and I'm a perfectionist... I know this. I just want to make people happy and in the long run I'm the unhappiest. Why is that? I've never even had the opportunity to ENJOY these parties. Everyone gets to sit back and relax and I'm the one running around like a mad woman party planning to a perfection. I want to say "It's So UNFAIR" but I do it to myself and have yet to learn a lesson.
Don't even get me started on the baby showers I helped plan. I know I won't be going there again! And it's a shame because I really did enjoy helping with them! Out of showers for 7 people this year... I got 2, "Thanks". Nice huh?!








4 Comments:
Well, you already know what I would do if I were you. ;)
Hugs Mary!! I am so sorry this is happening to ya... I am sure it is really fustrating for ya!
I would ease up on planning things if it really makes you this miserable.. Sounds like you have some selfish people in your playgroup and thats too bad.. I am sure the party your planning will be awesome!!
I think it's seeing all of the kids faces and how much FUN they have that just sucks me back in every time.
It's not that I'm miserable, it's just stressful. I don't know if people realize that I'm alone with 3 kids and all of the responsiblities each day requires. It would be nice to enjoy a party with my kids instead of just letting them run around and play.
Just 2 more days....
Yeah It's letting me post today :) I'm sorry that no ones helping you and that no one can understand how hard it is for you right now. I wish I could help ya. I'm hope that you'll be able to enjoy the party with your kids. Hugs!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home