Thursday, November 10, 2005

A 'Fair' Day!

Yesterday was such a fun day for us all! We were woken by the FedEx driver who had a delivery for Princess...yay! Mammy's presents! Husker and I got dressed and ready, woke the kids and got them dressed. Princess opened her package from her Grandma...she got the Barbie Magic of Pegasus DVD, Clothes, Purse, Barbie Diary & Money. She loves getting packages from her Grandparents since she rarely sees them!

After eating out for lunch we headed to the county Fair that started on Monday, but it wasn't open yet so we ran errands. I got my copies at Staples, checked on a couple of cameras there (nope, mine isn't there!!!). Went to a furniture store and bought Princess' bed! We ended up getting the Captain Style bed, there was only one other store that had the Trundle beds and it was silver metal and wood...blah, so we settled for this one which is white. Headed to Wally World ... I swear that place sucks you in for more than what you go in for! I just needed a few things for Saturday and spent nearly 2 hours there and more $$ than intended! By that time the Fair was open so we head to the house to drop off our things and get there so we weren't parking across the street.

The kids had SO much fun!! Lil'Buddy and I were free to get in as "walkers" and both Husker and Princess were $16 to get in since they were riding rides (that included your wrist band for rides)...which isn't a bad deal compared to other Fairs I've been to. It was VERY clean and organized. It wasn't overly crowded and the place smelled so clean, it's hard to discribe but it was like they had air freshners at every booth or something. The people were very clean and all in uniforms and most were polite and kind. Princess and Husker rode tons of rides, Lil'Buddy had fallen asleep so he only got to ride maybe a handfull. They played tons of games and won everytime, so you can imagine the stroller leaving! lol Princess loved that Wacky House, she would go in and out a dozen times! We ate a Funnel Cake and watched the 'Concert' going on....some young girl who just performed on the Appolo. Our last event was watching the Acrobats, they did the high wire performances and drove the motorcycles in the 'Globe of Death'....the kids thought it was cool.

Let me also note that there was an actual "Freak Show" there...Warewolf Man, Lobster Boy, 2 Headed Chickens....the works! I couldn't get the nerve to go in by myself, can you imagine the nightmares??? LOL I was just really shocked they still had those side shows!

After 5 hours at the Fair we were ready to leave and have dinner. Last stop was Ruby T's, we stuffed oursevles and headed home! I ended the night watching Magic of Pegasus with the kids (cute movie!). It was a super day with my family!

6 Comments:

Blogger Blue said...

Sounds like a fun day! I'm surprised y'all had enough energy to watch a movie after that busy day! LOL

1:14 PM  
Blogger April said...

How fun!! I've never been to a fair with a freak show before! Reminds me of Phantom when he was in a freak show as the Devil's Child . . . :( Have you watched that movie yet, btw?

3:21 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

ScrappingMom, I still haven't watched it! One day, I'm just gonna show up with popcorn and hot chocolate and watch it with you! LOL

3:42 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

No! Can you believe I haven't yet?!?! It's in my Netflix queue... I should bump it up!

3:57 PM  
Blogger ::Ali:: said...

Sounds like a fun day!
Glad you all had so much fun!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!!!!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hahahaa!!! I still can't believe that lady said people take out loans to go to the fair!!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home